Monday, July 16, 2012

LYDS BAKES: Zucchini Bread.

On Friday we were visiting my family for the day, and while we were there my mom and I decided to bake some zucchini bread. It's one of my favorites! Not only does it taste great, but it's quick to prep and doesn't take too terribly long to bake.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 egg
1/2 cup nut mix

In a mixing bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg. In another mixing bowl combine sugar, shredded zucchini, cooking oil, egg; mix well. Add flour mixture; stir until just combined. Stir in chopped walnuts. Pour batter into a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove bread from the pan; cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Makes 1 loaf.


(Recipe from an older Better Homes + Gardens cookbook.)

We also made a small batch of muffins sans nuts, so that Tatum could try one. She ate half of one and really loved it! 
I definitely recommend adding butter to your slice. Just do it. 

2 comments:

  1. this looks soooo good.
    in fact, i think you may have made it for me before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure?
      My mom might have it around, maybe!
      Oh my gosh...remember the amish bread incident?

      Delete

I love reading your comments. They absolutely make my day. :) And I'll always respond back to you in the comments section. So if you'd like, stop back by for a reply! :)

xo,
Lyds.