Wednesday, December 5, 2012

her first birthday.

On November 16, this girl turned one year old.
First, she woke up from her nap to discover her presents set out in the middle of the living room, waiting for her.
(I decided to do the "Four Gift Rule" for her birthday. One thing they want, one thing they need, one thing to wear, and one thing to read.)
She got: her first doll (an adorable handmade one from HelloMango on Etsy), a new pair of shoes, her own little armchair, and a couple of books. (Clearly I cheated on the need..."She 'needs' her own place to sit!" Ha.)

If it isn't obvious from the pictures, the shoes were the biggest hit that day.

Later, after her second nap, we went to eat lunch together. Oddly enough, while we were eating was when she decided to throw her first real tantrum, and in public! Awesome. It was almost like she was saying, "I'm a toddler now! Get ready, guys!"
Luckily, it lasted for about two minutes and that was that. Phew.

We got birthday cupcakes from our favorite place for later that night, but when it came time to have them, Tatum wasn't interested at all. Oh, well! She did, however, have lots of fun playing with the balloons we'd blown up for our little celebration.

This year has been really incredible. I can't believe how much has changed, how much she has changed...how Josh and I have changed.
It's such an awesome thing to get to watch someone grow and learn every single thing...to watch someone become who they are. I am so grateful to have her in my life. I could never, will never take this position lightly or for granted.

T, you're the smartest girl I know. You're funny, clever, beautiful. You are every good thing, wrapped up in one tiny little package. You impress me daily and I couldn't imagine a life without you in it.

4 comments:

  1. i didn't realize owsley and tatum had the same birthay. happy belated birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyds! This made me cry at work!
    Tates is so lucky to have you for a mom! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. They absolutely make my day. :) And I'll always respond back to you in the comments section. So if you'd like, stop back by for a reply! :)

xo,
Lyds.