Monday, March 25, 2013

everybody do your share.

Daily, I am amazed at Tatum's ability to destroy the living room in a matter of 10 seconds flat. If that, even. Seriously, such talent in that girl...
And it's not even that she's making a mess (initially) because she's playing with things. It's as if she can't start to play, until every toy, every book, every single thing is out of place and strewn around the room. Maybe there's a method to her madness, I don't know.

What I do know is that as fun as it is stepping on toys and books all day long, I do need a break from all of the excitement (ahem) come Tatum's bedtime. So, Josh and I have this new thing we've decided to start doing each night, as part of her bedtime routine...We have her clean up all of her toys and books. And she does it! And oh, girlfriend is good. I mean, see all those tidied toys pictured up top? She did that (basically) on her own.

Here's how it goes...

Me: (sitting on the floor, start to pick up a couple of books) Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere! Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share!
Tatum: (runs from whatever she is doing to start collecting all of her books)
Me: (continue singing, arrange books as she puts them in basket)
*Repeat cycle for toy basket + stuffed toy chair*

A friend said on Instagram that it's really good to start them doing this young, and that she did with her son who is now 3, and he is awesome about always remembering to pick up his toys and things. Crossing my fingers that the same will hold true for T!

Does your toddler have "chores"?

1 comment:

  1. I don't have children yet, but I have some cousins that could have learned this lesson! What a great way for your daughter to learn! So cute too :-)

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. They absolutely make my day. :) And I'll always respond back to you in the comments section. So if you'd like, stop back by for a reply! :)

xo,
Lyds.