Monday, February 25, 2013

making a home.

This is really weird, I know, but I've never really made a "home" in any of the places we've lived. Nope, not once in the past 3 years. There are a few reasons: laziness, having a husband who doesn't think that kind of stuff is important, and maybe a little of not feeling like it is, in fact, home.

I'm trying to do things differently this time around, though. While this house doesn't really feel like home to me either, it just felt like it was time to change...make it feel that way. So, a couple of weeks ago I put together this little area in the living room. It's not finished yet, but getting there. It does make the house feel much more "homey", which is fun.

I'll probably continue sharing little looks into our home as I make more progress. So, hopefully soon!

8 comments:

  1. I love this! I think where we live is a great opportunity to make it our own "little nook" in the world. Where it reflects us and what we love and how we live (of which often makes it homey)! And I'm terribly guilty of laziness and not finishing projects. For instance, my kitchen is a mess from saturday's "redecorate the kitchen"! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Emma! : )
      And I'm so bad at getting excited about things, starting, then not finishing. Eep! I must stop doing that.
      Maybe I need a little project schedule for myself...haha.

      <3

      Delete
  2. Though I love to decorate, I am always renting and moving around so I always feel the same way! I cannot wait to finally have more than just my room and really make a place my own! I love seeing little snippets of people's homes, this shot looks adorable!
    Hope you're having a great start to your week!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how it is for us, Hannah!
      Part of me feels like, Why should I bother? We'll be moving in a few months!
      But I feel like I need to let that mindset go now, as much as I can.
      I can't wait until we have a place that is truly "ours" someday, though. Then I'm sure I'll go to town! Haha. : )

      Delete
  3. I love this, Lyds! It's so cute.
    Matt and I are conflicted about decorating more, too, because we are join to have a lot of people in town for the wedding this summer who will want to see our home. So, we want to make it look nice for that, but then we will be packing it right back up just a few weeks after that, so....worth it? Iunno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leels!
      I say just do some easy/simple/but cute decorating.
      Although, I'm sure your place looks super cute already!

      Delete
  4. I love this! I know it's a cliche, but "home is where the heart is," and I know your heart is with Josh, Tatum, and Sullivan. Making it yours no matter how long or short you live there is a beautiful idea! I love what you have put together, too. Your style has always been top notch!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. They absolutely make my day. :) And I'll always respond back to you in the comments section. So if you'd like, stop back by for a reply! :)

xo,
Lyds.