Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Food, Inc.

I love to try new things, especially food related things, but if someone were to blindfold me, place a dish in front of me, and simply say, "Eat."...I really don't think I could do it. I'm willing to bet that I'm not alone in this, and many of us would decline the said opportunity, unless perhaps there were some large sum of money involved.

About five minutes ago I finished the documentary "Food, Inc." About one minute after that I came to the full realization that I've been wearing a blindfold of sorts for around 20 years now. I've never even thought anything of this until now, in this moment, and that is completely terrifying.

In my 20 years of life, what on earth have I consumed? What have I been torturing my body with? How many greedy, selfish companies have I contributed to? This is daunting to think about. It's gross, really. What's even more gross is that our government doesn't care about any of us or our health. Of course not.

Dee. Scus. Ting.

3 comments:

  1. i have been wanting to see that movie for a while now! i am kinda scared about seeing it, because i hear that everyone who has feels completely different about food after. i know that is a good thing, but it's a scary thought giving up the things i have been eating all my life. i know i need to though! maybe i will go on a fast food binge, get it out of my system..then watch the show. maybe that will work..

    have you been watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution? it is amazing. I am obsessed. I will probably never eat a chicken nugget again. He made one for a bunch of little kids and i honestly had no idea that was how they were made. it was disgusting. and he the kids were grossed out and screaming. but the sad part was that after he finished cooking it, he said, "would any of you still eat this after what you just saw?" and they all raised their hands. he was heartbroken. it was really sad to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow sounds like I should really see this movie asap.

    you couldn't get me to eat something if I were blindfolded, I'm sorry that would freak me out! lol :)

    Hey I love your new banner :)

    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. so felt the same way when i first saw this movie!
    soo grosss!!
    :x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. They absolutely make my day. :) And I'll always respond back to you in the comments section. So if you'd like, stop back by for a reply! :)

xo,
Lyds.