1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love both! But for this, I'll say egg nog, because you really only get it once a year.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It totally depends on what the gift is! Some of them need to be on display.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? On the house, I say a mix. On the tree, white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? My family always did it the weekend after Thanksgiving and that's what Josh and I have pretty much done since we've been married. But I've decided to decorate early this year. I'm super excited this time around! I think it's because Tatum's here.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom makes this stuff with cranberry sauce, cream cheese, and walnuts. I really like that! I don't know if it's my favorite, but it's the first thing that came to mind. I love it.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I always loved going to my grandparents' house on Christmas Eve.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Hmm...I think my best friends told me? And then I asked and my parents confirmed. I was NOT happy about it. I totally tried to be that jerk kid who spoils it her for little brothers and sisters. I remember my uncle and his girlfriend made a video on Christmas Eve night, dressed as Santa and an elf, delivering our gifts. My parents had "caught them" on camera. When we watched it, I just made super sarcastic comments. Such a sweetheart.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always opened presents from my grandparents on my mom's side and extended family that night at their house. And we also open a present that is our Christmas Eve pajamas.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I prefer white trees. And I'm not really into the "classic" Christmas look. White tree, super bright colored ornaments, white lights. We also get each other a special ornament each year.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It's totally a love/hate relationship. It's so beautiful to look at. And I will voluntarily play in the snow for a few minutes. But I don't really like having to go out in it. And I hate the cold.
12. Can you ice skate? I mean. I'm capable. But I'm not like, good at it. And I've only been once. Josh said the other day he wants Tatum to take ice skating lessons. Random.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmm. I've gotten lots of cool stuff over the years! My parents were always good gift givers! Last year, my mom got me a personalized mug that had pictures of me and Tatum on it and said like, "#1 Mom, Best Mom Ever..." It totally made me cry! I loved that gift.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Time with family, really making the most of the season, and good food.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? pie!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I have a few: Christmas pajamas, special ornament, Christmas brunch with my family, and I hope to start a new tradition with our little family this year.
17. What tops your tree? A big bow.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love both. I won't lie. But I do get really, really excited about gift giving. Like, to the point that I have a lot of trouble waiting to give gifts. Example: Last year, I got Josh some hoodies for a present, but I bought them early. BIG mistake. I gave them to him two months early. Oops!
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? They are fine. I prefer the non-traditional flavors, though!
20. Favorite Christmas show? I love the Santa Clause movies and Elf.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? Are there sad Christmas songs? Why?!
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I really like "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and "Baby, It's Cold Outside."
Do this! Then tell me you did, so I can go read it. : )
Thanks, Jess! This was fun.
(Image courtesy of Jess, IROCKSOWHAT.)