Wednesday, June 20, 2012
RECIPE: let's make funnel cake.
Last night Josh decided he wanted to make funnel cakes, because he'd been wanting them for days. So we did just that.
When making them, we found that Josh likes his to be really thin and crispy, while I like mine to be thick and fluffier.
They are so easy + quick to make! And you really can't mess them up.
2 cups of oil
1 + 1/3 cups of milk
4 tbsp. of sugar
2 + 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp. of salt
2 tsp. of baking powder
powdered sugar (as much as desired!)
1. Heat your oil in a deep skillet.
2. Beat together the eggs + milk. In a separate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients. Slowly add the dry mixture to the eggs + milk, beating as you go. Continue until smooth.
3. Pour the mix into a big ziploc bag and seal. Cut a small hole in one of the bottom corners and squeeze batter into the oil, working from the center of the skillet outwards. Make a fun swirly little pattern with your batter. (Remember that the amount of batter used and how you use it will determine the taste and such of your funnel cake!)
4. Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Add powdered sugar and enjoy.